Valves used in plumbing and other related works are manufactured in various parts of India. Such Valves Manufacturers in India make many different types of valves. In this article, we discuss the different types of valves made by Industrial Valves manufacturers and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Gated valves
A gate valve is made by many Valves Manufacturers in Mumbai. These types of valves move a gate vertically and are used to open or close the pipeline completely. There are no small openings possible. The entire gate is either closed or opened. If you are looking for a regulated flow, a gate valve wouldn’t be an ideal choice.
- Advantage: They have very less fluid resistance. The force required to open/ close is comparatively small.
- Disadvantage: Large space is required for installations. The two sealing faces make processing, grinding, and maintenance tough. The time taken to open/ close is also more.
- Butterfly valve
If you need a valve that can open and close often, a butterfly valve would be a good choice. Purchase them from the Best Valves Manufacturers in Mumbai to enjoy good quality and performance.
- Advantage: They have a simple structure and weigh less. The time taken to open and close is small. They resist fluid in minute amounts. They can be used for different media surfaces and are widely made by Instrumentation Valves Manufacturers in Mumbai.
- Disadvantage: The range of adjustments available for flow is narrow. It cannot be used in high temperatures or pressure conditions in a piping system. Sealing quality is inferior in comparison, hence not preferred much.
- Globe valve
A globe valve is highly recommended in cases where regulation of flow is needed. The opening and closing create friction which is less than other valves made by Instrumentation Valves Manufacturers in India. So, the chances of wear and tear are much less in this case.
- Advantage: Maintenance and repair of the valve are quite simple, as it has only one sealing surface. The valve is resistant to higher temperatures.
- Disadvantage: The change in flow direction is subject to change and causes more resistance to flow. The opening of the valve is slow in comparison.
- Ball valve
A ball valve is an advanced form of plug valve with a ball-shaped opening and closing device. We rotate the ball to 90 degrees whenever it needs to be closed or opened. Industrial Valves manufacturers in Mumbai make these useful valves.
- Advantage: A ball valve is reliable when dealing with corrosive media and can achieve full sealing even when temperature and pressure are high. The sealing surface is not easily eroded.
- Disadvantage: Industrial Valves manufacturers in India use Teflon to make ball valves. These have poor thermal conductivity. We cannot adjust it much either.
Final Overview McNeil is one of the Best Valves Manufacturers in India with several years of experience in the field. They provide good quality valves for industrial use in all types and materials. The number of satisfied customers is testimony enough of their product quality.